Troubleshoot 3000 status code errors during the financial exchange
This article is based on a particular series of an error code which is QuickBooks Error Code series 3000 that are usually encountered while file exchange is being done between the point of sale server and QuickBooks Desktop.
Below are Those error codes that will be further explained in the article.
Error Code- 3104/3120( invalid due to the wrong type)
Error Code 3140 (Invalid Reference)
Error Code 3170 (error in modifying)
Error Code 3180
In case you are not able to follow the mentioned procedure Contact
QuickBooks Support For Help – Call 1800-470-6903
Follow These Easy Troubleshooting steps to fix these 3000 series errors
( Some changes may be irreversible soo do keep a backup for your files)
3120: The specified account is invalid or of the wrong type
- Open Quickbooks POS Application.
- Now click on file drop-down and select preferences then click on a company.
- Under the list of financial click on accounts.
- Go through basic tabs and advanced tabs. For assurance of correct mapping.
- Now run the financial exchange.
This particular is usually encountered in a situation where A/R & A/P accounts are not correctly mapped to the location where they supposed to be.
In this case, it should display two different types of error messages
Error status code: 3140
There is an invalid reference to QuickBooks AR Account “****************” in the Receipt. The account for this transaction must be of the type
Error status code: 3140
There is an invalid reference to QuickBooks AP Account “*******************” in the Bill. The account for this transaction must be of the type Accounts Payable.
To fix them:-
- Launch QuickBooks POS Application.
- Click on file dropdown and from there select preferences and then click on a company.
- Under the term Financial, you shall select accounts.
- Now recheck that A/R & Ap are mapped correctly.
- Run the exchange of file.
3170: There was an error when trying to modify a vendor/customer list element
Encountered if QuickBooks POS finds any duplicate names in desktop
- Examine the activity log and from there find error message which contains the customer/vendor name creating the trouble.
- From menu dedicated to customers select the option of the customer list.
- On the column header use right click and then select customer and choose QB status.
- Now clicks on the header of QB Status and find any name with Not posting/Error status
- Edit vendor/ customer name in QuickBooks Desktop.
- From menu dedicated to customers select the option of customer Center.
- in the list of name in Activity Log use Right-click and click Edit.
- number “1” should be Added to the end of the name then click OK.
- the financial exchange should be done again now
- Merge edited name i.e created by Financial Exchange.
- Double-click on the edited name.
- number “1” should be Remove from the end and then click ok and it should ask to merge agree to that.
3180: There was a problem with saving the General Journal Transaction
The error is faced due to the damaged voucher.
- The voucher should be reversed
- It should be recreated
- Then try to do a financial exchange
Can also 3180: …QuickBooks error message: A/P (or A/R) detail line must have a vendor
Due to A/R or A/P account used to create paid out
code 3180: Status message: There was an error when saving a General Journal transaction. QuickBooks error message: A/P detail line must have a vendor
code 3180: Status message: There was an error when saving a General Journal transaction. QuickBooks error message: A/R detail line must have a vendor
- Navigation field is found in QuickBooks POS and shall be used to find sales history.
- On column for Receipt type – Payout
- On dropdown for ‘ i want to’ – Reverse
- Try to make new A/P or A/R account.
3180: QuickBooks error message: The posting account is invalid
- Open file menu and choose preferences then select company.
- Under financial, you will see accounts select it.
- Go through the basic tab and advanced tab to make sure mapping is correct.
- Hit save.
- Now again try to use a financial exchange.
- From list menu, you have to select an item list.
- Now go through the list to make sure everything is stored in the correct account.
Run financial exchange again
- QuickBooks Desktop open lists and select Customer & Vendor Profile Lists and then choose Payment Method List.
- Use right-click on a method of cash and choose Edit Payment Method.
- Now, letter X should be added in payment method (XCash).
3180: Status message: There was an error when saving a Sales Receipt
Caused due to damaged payment
- Open file menu in QuickBooks and select item list.
- Choose to include inactive.
- Click on type header.
- Rename pos payment items by adding OLD to the item name.
- Run financial exchange again.
- Now simply merge newly created files in merged by removing that OLD inserted in names and simply accepting the prompt.
3180: Status message: Sales tax detail line must have a vendor
Reason for error:
- not associated with any vendor
- a sales tax payable account is incorrect
- the account is used to create a paid out.
- sales tax payable account or items on receipts
- Open lists menu in QuickBooks and select Item list.
- Choose to include inactive.
- Click on the column made for the type.
- Make sure agency is attached with every tax item.
- Open file menu in QuickBooks and select preferences, choose a company.
- Under financial, select accounts.
- Go through basic & advanced tabs to make sure everything is in right place.
- Again run file exchange.
- Click history in QBPOS
- On any column use right click and choose customize column.
- QB Status should be selected.
- Look for incomplete receipts and reverse those receipts.
QuickBooks 24 Hour Support | Call 1800-470-6903