How to restore QuickBooks Back up?
You will always find that file in QuickBooks Back up files folder.
“When ever we Back Up company file in QuickBooks It just compresses that company file to save space.”
This file cannot used or uncompressed until you use QB restore feature.
What’s QuickBooks Restore Feature ?
As far as QuickBooks Restore Feature is concern it’s feature which enables QuickBooks User to un compressed QuickBooks Backup which converts company file in .QBW or QuickBooks Working file.In the location of your choice .
Now I am going to Explain How to restore Back up:
- Open QuickBooks
- Click on file
- Click open and restore company file
- Next windows will appear which will have three options :
- Open Company file
- Restore a Backup copy
- Restore Portable file
- Covert an Accountant’s copy Transfer File
Open and Restore Company file Image:
Since in this article we are discussing about How to restore QuickBooks Back Up
- Choose option Restore Back up company
- Click next
- On this windows it will ask you to choose location
- Online Back Up
- Local Back Up choose local back up and Click next
- Then we choose file from Back Up files folder
- Next It will ask you location where you wise to restore this back up
- Click next
Well this is the mistake most of QuickBooks Users Does as soon as you will hit next this will take you do Original Company file Location, Never restore your file in this location.This file should always be stored in working copies folder.
- Click Open
- Then just rename this file
- Press Save
- Before you save Just make sure you are saving it in Working Copies folder.
For more steps information you can Check this QuickBooks Support Video :