QuickBooks Error Code: 6177,0
(QuickBooks is attempting to open this Company file)
This particular error is usually encountered while opening the company file and QuickBooks unable to use path for the company file.
Error message- QuickBooks is attempting to open this Company file. Before you can open the company file from your computer you must first open the company file on the computer where the company file is located. (-6177, 0)
Below are the solutions that could be followed to try fixing solution be yourself. In case the error persists contact QuickBooks Technical Support at 1800-470-6903.
Here are some steps you need to follow-
Step 1- Moving the file to local drive on system.
- First of all you need to move files to local drive C:// from the server.
- Open the company file in QuickBooks by browsing to file location in drive C://.
- Now create a portable file and then save it on C drive as well
- Restore the file that you saved in c drive and simply save that in the servers.
- Close the QuickBooks company file.
- Now try to open company file from server.
Step 2- Using QuickBooks File Doctor.
- Download QuickBooks file doctor.
- Run file doctor in your computer.
- After the file doctor process is completed try using company file again.
Step 3- Resolving Error -6177,0 manually
- In the computer that is holding the company file close QuickBooks if open.
- In the folder which contains company file and delete the file with .nd extension and company name.
- Now configure the database manager for QuickBooks.
- Press windows key on your keyboard. In the search box type QuickBooks Database manager.
- Click on add folder.
- Browse to your company file and click on ok.
- Select scan option.
- After it has scanned the file click on close.
- Check if you have enough folder permission for company file folder read this post- Folder Permissions for QuickBooks
Some optional settings.
Switch hosting off and on-
- Open QuickBooks Desktop.
- Click on file and select Utilities > Stop Hosting Multi-User Access. Click yes to confirm.
- Close QuickBooks and open again.
- Open file menu again and select Utilities > Host Multi-User Access. Click yes to confirm.
- Now restore the company file.
Opening the file with local path-
- Press Windows + E on keyboard.
- Look for company file folder in Network locations and network devices, apply right click on company file folder and select Properties.
- If encountered Network drive as type. It is a mapped drive.
- Open file through drive that is local.
Create new folder-
- On the system keyboard use Windows + E key.
- Apply double click on C://drive.
- Apply right click and click on new folder.
- Copy company file in this folder from previous location.
- Try to use company file again.