Invalid product number in quickbooks point of sale
Question: while opening quickbooks point of sale I am this error code number 176 109 which says invalid product code or product number is there any way that I could resolve this problem?
Answer:This error of invalid product number Faced by users while opening their quickbooks due to some specific reasons that will be mentioned below:-
- the entitlement folder of your point of sales has some damaged files which are causing this error.
- the product code used during the installation of the software is probably a wrong product key.
- the error may have arise due to not logged in as an administrator in Windows.
It was some basic problems that cause this error in your quickbooks point of sale that can be repaired by following these steps mentioned below are you can call of quickbooks 24x 7 support anytime just call at 1-800- 470- 6903 for any further guidance about any error that arise on quickbooks.
Important note:The program data of quickbooks is always kept in a hidden file for some security reasons if you are unable to find the hidden folder you may need to change the display hidden files and folders or search for file using Windows search.
To be able to see all hidden folders that are located on your computer you may follow these steps mentioned below:-
- Open Start menu and from there you need to click on control panel to get control panel Windows open.
- from the control panel locate the option which says folder options
and then select view tab and under the advance setting option select show hidden folders and drives and at last click on Ok.
Solution one: By deleting the damage contents in entitlement client folder.
- 1. By using the Windows Explorer you need to navigate to a specific location of your entitlement folder you have to open your drive c and inside that locate the folder named as program data inside that folder find a folder with a name that is in Intuit/Entitlement Client/V8
2.Keyboard press control key and A letter key together to select each and every file present in that folder,when You see that each and every file in the folder is selected press the delete key to delete those damaged files.
- Confirmation popup is displayed on your screen simply press yes to give confirmation that you want to delete those damaged files.
4.Now that you have deleted those damaged files that contained in your client entitlement folder in your main files of quickbooks your issue of invalid Product Key may have resolved so to check that just open the quickbooks and try to register again and hopefully your error is now resolved.
Yes still the error of invalid code is not resolved even after trying the solution you may feel free to call or quickbooks 24 into 7 support just give us a call at 1 800 470 6903 to get your validation code verified by a technician that is present for your help at our support.
SOLUTION TWO: By getting was activity files renamed in order to do right access to your quickbooks.
- By using the Windows Explorer navigate to your Windows local disk c where you will find a folder named as program data and inside those folder you need to open some folders as listed like this Intuit/ quickbooks point of sale/ i n i.
- Now rename the folder of WAS activity by right clicking on it and from the dropdown menu selecting the option of rename.
- You have to rename the file with is OLDWSActivity. after renaming that particular file right click anywhere on the screen to save the changes.
- now close the window that is being displayed on your display and then again follows solution 1 and delete entitlements again.
- now that you have done everything the solution to States you are ready to use quickbooks again as your issue must have been resolved.
SOLUTION TREE : By Forming a clean installation of quickbooks point of sale.
To reinstall quickbooks point of sale you have to uninstall the software from your computer and then reinstall it by downloading it from the internet or buy DVD whichever way you feel is the best for you and after the reinstallation all of the files that your quickbooks contain will be repaired automatically.