How to Fix QuickBooks Error The File Exists
Root Cause: This error occurs while user try to do payroll. Most of user’s came across this error while they were trying to open Payroll Center. Some of the consumers have complained that they are unable to login into Company file and got stuck with QuickBooks Error message is “The file exists”.As per intuit their isn’t any possible reason for this error. This error message won’t allow user to work on QuickBooks or may be your entire application could also be frozen.
Note: Before you perform any troubleshooting step Please Do Back up your QuickBooks Company file.
- Step: You may try to update your QuickBooks. If you unable to update automatically you may try to do it manually.
- Step: Even after updating your QuickBooks still you get QuickBooks Error Message ” the file exists” then you may try to run QuickBooks application as an Administrator.
- Step: Once you start this application in Admin mode application will allow you to go inside payroll center.
- Step: Without wasting any more time please update your payroll as soon as possible.
- Step: Before you perform all these steps please back up your company file.
- Step: Some times this issue could also be caused by Anti Virus please check firewall setting. If your Computer firewall isn’t allow QuickBooks to be update then try to create an exception.
Q: I am getting an error message while try to Open my payroll center and it says windows error message “the File exists”?
A: Mostly this error can be resolve by running QuickBooks update but if you still get this error message, You may try to run your application in administrator.
For more information you can always give us call at 1800 910 6880 and get instant support.