How to fix QuickBooks Error h101 ,H202,h404,h303,h505
These error codes usually occur when there is a problem with the configuration settings of the host.
This is when a firewall is blocking the communication in or out.
QuickBooks is unable to retrieve the IP address of the company file host.
Sources of this problem :
1. Incorrect Hosting configuration settings. : some other computer may have hosting switched on, make sure that only the server computer turns on the hosting.
2. The firewall ports of QuickBooks are not set properly : These firewall settings are are blocking all the incoming and the outgoing communications, the ND file is damaged or corrupted, this .ND file is the configuration files which permits the QuickBooks software to access the company file over the server.
3. QuickBooks is unable to track the IP address of the host computer : The server manager of QuickBooks database system might be using a corrupted IP address.
4. The DNS settings are not correctly set.
5. QuickBooks services are turned off : QuickBooksDBXX or QBCFMonitor services are not working properly and they should start automatically.
You can solve these problems & errors with following steps:-
1. Download the Quickbooks file doctor and run the application on any workstation where you getting the H series error, the file doctor will itself resolve the problems on all computers if it is a multi user program.
2. Check Hosting and services of your system : If the nature of your work is multi-user, only the server computer should turn on the hosting.
To verify hosting it is not important to open the specific company file, all you need to do is to open QuickBooks and choose File > Utilities, on all the computers except the host computer.
There will be a list on your screen and if you see ‘Host Multi-User Access’ option there, the company file is not being hosted so you can try on different computer.
Repeat the process on each computer till you see ‘Stop Hosting Multi-User Access’ option.
Once you see that option, select it.
3. Configure the firewall settings : On each computer, open firewall settings and open control panel by right clicking on the windows button on the desktop.
On the search bar above; type ‘Firewall’ and press enter.
Select Advanced settings from windows firewall.
To the left side, press the right click button on outbound rules and select New Rule.
Select the ports and click enter.
Select TCP and enter these in local port boxes, for your desired version.
- In QuickBooks Desktop 2018: 8019, 56728, 55378-55382
- In QuickBooks Desktop 2017: 8019, 56727, 55373-55377
- In QuickBooks Desktop 2016: 8019, 56726, 55368-55372
- In QuickBooks Desktop 2015: 8019, 56725, 55363-55367
Click next and press on Allow the connection.
Enter the name of the file and press Enter.
4. Connect the windows host file to the server and edit it if necessary.
5. Create a new folder for your company file : Create the new folder on the host computer, on that folder copy the .qbw file and open the file in the multi-user mode.