Why you get the message of Error 404 on QuickBooks and how to solve it
When you are working on your QuickBooks and you are getting error 404 being displayed on your screen there will be possible reasons for this issue.
- May be you are trying to Update your QuickBooks software and the update didn’t go through or may be unable to connect with Intuit Server .
- Another possible root cause could be a corrupt installation file or may be update which shows QuickBooks update error 404 is not applicable for your QuickBooks version .
- If you want to overcome this error message make sure you are logged in as an administrator in your windows. Next, check up your internet connection there might be an issue with that.To check your internet connection you can follow these steps:
- Go to your internet explorer and connect to any website that you would not be searched In this way, you are displayed with a message to connect to a network.
- Now try to connect to a network if you are unable to do so you have some issue with your internet and now you have to contact your service providers to discuss the error in your network.
- If you are able to successfully connect to the internet now head over to the option of installing or downloading the updates.
- Another thing to keep in mind that to make sure that the browser should be set as default and the browser must be internet explorer.
- After the above steps are followed properly now check and configure the settings of internet explorer.
Now your connection will be done and log in as administrator and open the QuickBooks to see if there is any problem with it
- Go to the menu of Help which is on the top of the menu list.
- Then head over to the connection setup for the internet.
- Then there will be a default option in the QuickBooks which will be showing a similar message such as you can use the setting of a computer for the internet connection so the connection of the application will be enabled to access the internet. You have to select this option and enable it.
- Once it is selected and enabled now go to the Next button and then hit the Done.
If you are following the above instructions you issue related to the Error 404 will be resolved. If in case you are unable to solve it you can contact the QuickBooks service center or customer support to discuss and it solves it.
In some cases, this error might show up because there are some issues with the registries on your computer. You can clean up that and perform a malware scan on your device to fix that issue. If you have scanned your device and you are still getting an error then head over the updates and install all of that to fix the error.