How to remove QuickBooks error 15222
QuickBooks error 15222 is encountered when you download a Payroll or QuickBooks update.
Like all other errors when this error occurs, your QuickBooks would appear a window describing the QuickBooks error 15222. The main reason behind QuickBooks error 15222 could be as following:
- When the Antispyware, anti-adware, anti-malware on your computer examine the update as a threat.
- This error might not be caused because of antivirus software but it might also be because of antivirus if it was associated with antimalware.
- Internet Explorer functions to register digital signatures no longer works in your computer.
- When your browser is not set to internet explorer
The possible solution to QuickBooks error 15222 can be as following:
How to fix QuickBooks error 15222:
- like for all other errors recovery, firstly you should try a clean install of QuickBooks. This solution is helpful when you already have a backup of files.
- Install a digital signature certificate:
When your internet browser does not have certified digital signature this error may occur. To fix it you need to do following steps;
- Close QuickBooks window.
- Do a window search for QBW32.exe, which would be located in C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks.
- Right-clickexe and then select Properties from the options.
- Now click the Digital Signature Tab and see if Intuit.Inc is selected in the signature list.
- Then click
- From details select View certificates from the Details
- Then click the install Certificate from the window.
- Keep clicking on Finish until it’s over.
- Now restart the computer and open QuickBooks and see if it works or no?
- Antispyware, anti-adware, anti-malware.
- If you have any of Antispyware, anti-adware, anti-malware in your computer update them with the exceptions of:
- Intuit.com, QuickBooks.com, and payroll.com domains.
- Now after this perform the QuickBooksW32 extension and QuickBooks UPDATE extension.
- Verify internet explorer settings.
- First of all, set your internet explorer to default.
- Your personal computer’s date and time should be accurate.
- Update setting of your internet explorer by visiting internet options and then update your internet explorer to the latest
- To update your internet explorer to the latest version IE11
- Visit the Intuit’s Website.
- Open the menu bar either from using ALT key or from options.
- When the menu bar will be opened. Go to File and select Properties.
- Now you have to look for the numbers that are written before bit encryption and this would be in
The solutions given above should help you out in solving the QuickBooks error 15222. However, if you still don’t get your error solved then you might contact the support team of QuickBooks. A help from QuickBooks team might give a faster solution then bounding yourself to manual settings. You can even make a call to QuickBooks team and get full guidance on the best possible solution. But if you are an expert and can perform these steps manually, hope it would work out for you.