Quickbooks com error while creating invoices.
Sometimes you also experience the QuickBooks Com error while you are trying to open a specific transaction or you are trying to print a report.
Sometimes you even get this COM error while you are trying to open an invoice, The COM error started in Quickbooks 2014 versions and continued in 2015, 16, 17 & 18 as well.
This problem is due to the wrong selection of settings on your Mail option in control panel.
To resolve this problem, you need to follow certain steps-
1. Open Control Panel and go to Mail.
2. Select Microsoft Outlook
3. Enable ‘show profile’ option in mail setup window.
4. Select ‘prompt for a profile’ option rather than ‘always use this profile’ option.
5. Select the ‘always use this profile’ option and apply the settings.they
Press OK and continue.
And if you are still unable to fix your problem then there are some other methods you can you can try as per your computer’s configuration-
Open control panel on your computer, Go to mail and select Microsoft Outlook, you will see a mail setup window, select the SHOW PROFILE option, and select ‘PROMPT FOR PROFILE’ option.
If you have to purchase products from the vendors for your business that you sell, you probably have to use purchase orders. It helps your suppliers to get aware of the items you need to purchase from them.
It is not important to use it with all your vendors but if u order without using purchase orders, you will not be able to claim your real order in case of wrong delivery.
It helps to improve the accuracy and accountability and adds an additional layer to the book keeping record.
If you still have problem in creating the invoices, try running your QuickBooks in compatibility mode-
* On Your desktop, right click on the QuickBooks icon, and select the properties.
* If you see the Compatibility tab , select the “ Run this program in compatibility mode for” option.
* From the menu below, select Windows 7
* Select Run this program as an administrator.
* Press ok and apply the settings.
If still you are not getting a positive response make sure that your QuickBooks is updated to the latest version.
You need to open and run a tool named QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool (QBInstall Tool), when it prompts, save the file to the latest desktop.
Close the programs and run QB Install tool.
It usually takes 20 minutes to complete the process, and the rest depends on the user’s internet speed and the system’s performance.
Try restarting your computer once you are ended with this process.