QuickBooks Error Code -6149
QuickBooks Error -6147 can usually be encountered while you attempt to restore a backup from your local system or over a network.
This error would not let you restore the data which can cause a huge loss. this error can be fixed by using some of the solutions mentioned below. In case you are not able to resolve the error you can simply contact QuickBooks Technical support at 1800-470-6903 to get confirmed results on resolving the error.
Solution 1:- Reinstall QuickBooks
- Open Control panel on your windows.
- In control panel, go to program and features.
- Now you will see list of programs installed on your computer.
- From the list find QuickBooks.
- Apply right click on QuickBooks and select uninstall.
- Follow the prompts to uninstall.
- Now download a fresh QuickBooks Installer- Download QuickBooks.
- After download is finished install QuickBooks again.
Solution 2- By logging in into windows as administrator
To run QuickBooks Make sure that you are being logged in as an administrator and have sufficient permissions that are needed to run the QuickBooks.
- Shut down your system and restart it by logging in as an administrator.
- Click on start button on windows.
- There just type user accounts and the hit enter.
- Click on the option which says Change User Account Control Settings.Lower those security setting in case set too high.
- Now again try to use QuickBooks POS.
Solution 3- Clean damaged Files Present in Entitlement Folder
- Open Local Disk C: on your computer and navigate to this folder : C:\Program Data\Intuit\Entitlement Client\vx.x
- After you get into this folder use a key combination of CTRL+A to select all files.
- Now right click on them and from the dropdown select delete.
- Retry to use QuickBooks Point Of Sale.
Solution 4: File name and File Path error
Verify that correct file name and path is used to restore in QuickBooks
Acceptable Path: : C:\Users\Fred\My Documents\QuickBooks data\Company Name.qbw
Now Acceptable Path: Business\Fred\Fred’s Documents\My Business $.Business
- Open file menu, select Open or Restore company file
- Choose Restore a backup copy and hit next
- Choose local backup and click on next
- Locate your backup file and click on open
- Proceed by clicking next
- From the name field remove extra spaces and special characters.