How to deal with the compliance issues of Transport security layer with the QuickBooks
There was an update in the security changes of the Transport security layer and this setting of TLS 1.0 and TLS 1.1. QuickBooks are only working properly with the TLS 1.2 and that is working with the internet explorer only. If the user is using another browser such as chrome by Google or Mozilla Firefox or Safari they will face trouble using it. The only thing that can be done with the use of other browsers is the export of Data that on the on the desktop and you want to export it online onto to your QuickBooks.
It will be very difficult to comply with the security changes as in windows 10 the internet explorer is of the latest version 11 and it will work fine with that but if you have any previous version you would definitely need an upgrade. You have enabled TLS 1.2 to keep it working properly. If you want to move your QuickBooks online data to your QuickBooks desktop you can follow the easy steps below to solve your issue.
We will be providing instruction for the Windows 10 first because that is the latest version of Windows and it has TLS 1.2 enabled by default.
- First, you have to make sure that TLS 1.2 is enabled on the internet explorer 11 although it is default but check it to confirm.
- Next, you have to close your QuickBooks on the desktop
- Go to the internet explorer and turn it on to start the process.
- In the internet explorer look for the tools menu and then from the tool menu select the internet option.
- As soon as the above steps are followed now head over to the advanced setting part of the option and look for the option known as a security. You can find there if TLS 1.2 enables or not. If it does not just checkbox so it will be enabled and select the option of OK.
- Turn off the internet explorer and restart the Desktop QuickBooks, the issue should be resolved by following the above steps.
If you are the users of any other windows other than Windows 10 you can follow the below-mentioned steps to enable the TLS 1.2. It is recommended to upgrade to Windows 10 or it is just to upgrade your internet explorer to the latest version of Internet Explorer 11 as this will only way to be compatible.
- First, you have to close the Desktop QuickBooks.
- Go to the internet explorer and search for the tools menu and then head over to the internet options on it.
- Next, go to the advanced options and check in the security part if the TLS 1.2 is enabled or Check the box so that TLS 1.2 is enabled on it. Click OK.
- Now turn off the internet explorer and restart your Desktop QuickBooks so it will start to work properly.
- QuickBooks TLS 1.2 warning