Change your Direct Deposit bank account (desktop payroll)
If you are using QuickBooks Desktop Payroll Basic, Standard or Enhanced with Direct Deposit, you will find the option in QuickBooks Desktop to change the bank account from which the Direct Deposit payroll funds are withdrawn.
To perform the processes below, you need the following:
The existing Intuit Account.
The Direct Deposit PIN used to send payroll.
Set up and update the bank account in QuickBooks.
1. Set a new bank account in QuickBooks Desktop Chart of Accounts, if you still don’t have one.
a. Click on Lists > Chart of Accounts.
b. Click on the Accounts button and select option New.
c. Select Bank and click on Continue.
d. Enter the bank account information asked for.
e. Click on Save & Close to save the changes
2. Update your bank account information in QuickBooks Account Maintenance page.
a. Open QuickBooks Desktop, go to Employees > My Payroll Service > Accounts/Billing Information.
b. Sign in using your Intuit Account login.
c. In the Direct Deposit section, select on any of the Bank Account details.
d. ClickOK, on the message that appears.
e. Enter thepayroll pin and click on Submit.
f. Enter the bank account details and submit.
g. Wait for the confirmation and select Continue.
Intuit will send 2 test debits to your new bank. It may take up to 2 banking days for the test debits to post on your bank statement. You will need to complete the steps in the section below to activate your new bank account before sending your next Direct Deposit payroll.
- Choose the bank account where QuickBooks Desktop should post the transactions returned by the Intuit service.
It is important to update the bank account in which direct deposit paychecks and fees will post when doing a bank account change.
- From Employees on the top menu bar, choose Send Payroll Data.
- On the Send/Receive Data window, select Preferences.
- On the Account Preferences window, select the new bank account from the drop-down list.
- Select OK to save your changes. Select Close on the Send/Receive Data window.
Activate your new Direct Deposit bank account:
After one to two banking days, check your bank statement and make a note of the two small one-time withdrawals made by QuickBooks Payroll Service.
Enter these 2 test debits in the QuickBooks Account Maintenance page. See steps below:
- Go to Employees > My Payroll Service > Account/Billing Information.
- Sign in using your Intuit Account login.
- Click the Verify link next to your Direct Deposit bank account information.
- Enter the 2 test debit amounts to verify your new bank account.
5. Enter and confirm your payroll
6. Select Submit.
7. Change your default bank account to use when creating paychecks in QuickBooks Desktop.
8. Change the bank account where payroll fees will post in QuickBooks Desktop.