How to Find QBWIN.log and QuickBooks.log file
QuickBooks Log files are the one of the best tool or log message tool inside QuickBooks desktop which help user to identify Data rebuild and Data verification related error. Log files can also be considered messaging tool which can be found in the core of QuickBooks Desktop application. Doesn’t matter what you do on your QuickBooks this part of application registers each and every authenticated or unauthenticated active.
For instance if user make mistakes with login credentials or enters wrong information still you will find those log inside this file as well.
- In windows based application this file named as QBWIN.log
- In Mac based application this application named as QuickBooks.log
How to access QBWIN.log in windows :
- Open your QuickBooks Software and Press Function key number 2 (F2)
- This short cut of application will bring product information page having this page open press F3 key on your keyboard.
- Now you will have Tech Help windows open with multiple file options
- In this list manually choose File QBWIN.log.
Opening QBWIN.log directly from Company file location is also possible. You can navigate to default location on QuickBooks company file:C:\Users\YOUR USER NAME\AppData\Local\Intuit\QuickBooks\log\XX.X\QBWin.log.
Accessing QuickBooks.Log file on Mac
- QuickBooks for mac does not create separate log file each time when you run rebuild or data verification to open QuickBooks.Log file on Mac please follow these steps:
- From main menu please select Go folder
- Type in command ~/Library
- Now open Log folder and then QuickBooks software
- After this you will get QuickBooks.log file just double click on it to open
Above information is only applicable for OSX 10.7 or later users. For more questions and QuickBooks help you can call our 24×7 support phone number to get instant support on any QuickBooks Related issue. 1800 470 6903.