How to check and fix Some specific form of data damage
1.Identification of damaged account and merging in into a new one:-
- If both of the reports you get have same basis and date the yo may have a account list that is damaged.
- Now you have to find the account that is damaged and have to compare the two report and findings in order to see which one differs out of both.
- Now just simply merge the damaged one into new one.
IMPORTANT NOTE:Only the same type of account can be merged together .
To merge follow this:-
- Go to the list menu and then you have to choose the Chart of Accounts.
- Now you need to make sure that both of the accounts you want to merge are at the similar hierarchical levels on the following list
- Now just select the account that you do not want to use.
- After that just scroll down to the bottom of account list and choose the last account and select the option of Edit Account .
- Now you have to make sure that you change the account name as the name of account should match the other accounts name with whom you want to merge.
- Now just save and after that close it
- Choose yes in confirmation prompt.
- Finding out and repairing the specific transaction that is damaged.
- First of all you need to backup the company file
- Now open the list menu and just select the Chart of Accounts option and press right click on the Uncategorized Expenses Account and select the option which says Quick Report.
- Now you have to select Customized Report.
- After that you need to select Report Date Range drop down and choose ALL
- And go to the Filters Tab
- Now in the box which says where you choose filters scroll down and select the Posting Status option.
- Now you have to choose Select and then press OK. now search for the transaction which has amount but no item and account.
- Now just repair every transaction that you have found and for more detail about fixation follow this :- ink:-https://community.intuit.com/articles/1501200-fix-damaged-transactions-in-quickbooks-desktop
- Now just keep repeating step H until you have verified each and every transaction.
- Getting damaged income or maybe damaged expenses accounts that have the balance but do not have transactions and simply merge them into the new account.
- Determining the difference which is between assets and liabilities:-
- In your QuickBooks from the report menu you need to select the option of Company and Financial and then go to Balance Sheet Standard .
- Now click on Customized Report and then choose ALL DATES for the data range and also Accrual for the Basis option
- Now you have to write the difference between Assets and Liabilities & Equities.
- Locating the account that is damaged
- First of all what you need to do is to export all of your chart of accounts to desktop and to know how to export this file follow this Link:-https://community.intuit.com/articles/1437417-export-or-import-iif-files
- Now you have to open a COA file in microsoft excel
- Now when you are inside COA file you need to highlight first two rows of the spreadsheet and have to delete them as well.(the header rows)
- Now after that you also need to highlight Column G and higher and delete them as well .
- On your spreadsheet the column F and row 1 of column F is an OBAMOUNT
- Now you have to choose cell above Header 1 and the most left of all column header A in order to highlight the all spreadsheet
- Now just sort the entire spreadsheet by column F to know how to do so follow this this link :- https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Sort-data-in-a-range-or-table-62d0b95d-2a90-4610-a6ae-2e545c4a4654?CorrelationId=ef17e381-6f2e-4b65-8fd0-b1ee640d8fb6&ui=en-US&rs=en-US&ad=US&ocmsassetID=HP010073947
- Now you have to look for a row who has column F amount as from step 3c1-4
- Make sure that you write down the name of this specific account
- Fixation of damaged account
1.You have to open your QuickBooks and have to run a QuickReport foll all following dates on the account mentioned in steps above.
- If you see that there are no transaction then this is the problem account we were looking for
- There would be no balance if there are no transactions made
- Now you have to create a check amounting one cent or $0.01 to this account.
5.Now you need to run the basic data damage troubleshooting step for the specific data file
- Use the quick zoom by double click on the account and simply delete the check for one cent.
- At the end run the accrual basis balance sheet in order to make sure it is also in Balance
- To correct the affected Journal entries
1.Now you have to restore the company data file from the backup that has been made before condensing your data.
2.After restoration you have to create a Transactions List by Date Report select Reports >Accountant & Taxes>Transaction List by Dates.
3.Now just filter the report for Transaction Type:Journal
4.Now just keep scrolling down to find any Journal Entries that is showing and amount that is without an associated account.
- Now by using double click on report entry in order to open MAKE GENERAL ENTRIES window .If you want u can print the entry for a reference before deleting it, for that just choose print icon located on the top of the window.
6.Now from the edit menu choose and delete the General Journal .
- Again from from the edit menu, choose the option of New General Journal and re record the journal entry that you have selected in previous step.
- Choose save and new and simply repeat sttp 5-8 in order to cure other affected journal entries
Note:This particular issue can be occured if you change the associated account on a normal payroll item .After its used on a paycheck and simply run Condensed utility
5.To Identify the Damaged account in order to merge it Into a new one.
- For Identify and repairing the transactions that do not have an assigned account and to run the following report .
- You have to run a custom transaction Detail report
- Noe set the dates to all
- After that also set Basis to cash
- You have to set Total by to Account List
- Now you have to add the Item Column in
- Now select ok in last
After following these steps you have to keep scrolling down till you reach the bottom of reports . And if you find that the last of all group of transactions has no account and the column is totally blank then its means no accounts have assigned to them.
Try following these steps mentioned below:-
- Now at first you have to open the option of Edit Item window for specific Item .
- Now just change the specific account.and hit OK
- Now you need to open Edit item again
- Now simply change the account and choose OK option in edit window
- Now keep repeating step 1-4 till you get each transaction right.
For any further help regarding this issue or any other issue on QuickBooks call out support which is available 24×7