QuickBooks POS Error: The Application encountered a problem and needs to close
This particular error is usually encountered while creating a connection between workstation and server or while QuickBooks Desktop POS is launched on servers.
This could be because of :-
- The system requirements don’t match as per needed
- Company file being damaged
- Workstation is unable to find the server on network
- Windows security is blocking the connection
- The setup used for installation was damaged
SOLUTION 1:- Clearing the files present in entitlement folder.
NOTE: After clearing the entitlement folder you shall re-login into QuickBooks POS .
- Navigate to C:/ Programdata/Intuit/Entitlement Client/ V8 by using the windows explorer.
- Select all the files present in the folder by pressing CTRL + A and then delete those files.
- When confirmation pop up shows in press yes to confirm.
- After the deletion is done re-open QuickBooks POS.
SOLUTION 2:- Giving a new name to WS Activity File.
- As Some of the folders are kept hidden so first use display hidden folder option.
- Navigate to C:\Program Data\Intuit\QuickBooks Point of Sale XX\Ini by using the windows explorer.
- Now rename WSActivity by right clicking on it and from the dropdown select rename.
- The new name that you have to enter is – OLDWSActivity
- After changing the name restart the QuickBooks
SOLUTION 3:- Reinstall QuickBooks
Uninstall the QuickBooks and download it again. Once it is downloaded install it again . In case you are Unable to fix or have any other issue related to quickbooks contact our QuickBooks Support at 1800-470-6903