Troubleshooting Issues Related To Multi-User Environment In Point Of Sale
These are some commonly recommended solution in order to resolve these errors.
These are the errors you may encounter:-
Error: Fixing the Connection
Error: You are not connected to the server
Error: Specify the Server and Company Data File
Point of Sale is grayed out
QuickBooks Point Of Sale Error Message 181002: The Server Workstation Is Not Running Or The Company Data Is Not Accessible
These are some reasons that could be the possible reason to create error:
- The servers are not being used in multi-user mode.
- Even the firewall or any third party application is blocking the creation of a connection between the workstation and the server.
- Any issue in connection with the server.
- A dynamic Ip is used as an IP address.
- The permissions regarding Folder and network Sharing not being configured.
By Checking The Server if it is on multi-user or not
To do that open The FILE menu and then click on Switch company file to multi-user mode to make it live on servers.
Using Connectivity Tool For QuickBooks POS
To use the connectivity tool you will have to download it first.
Click Here To Download The Tool → DOWNLOAD
After the tool gets downloaded to use it to resolve the issue. In case the issue is not resolved to follow the next solution.
Renaming the WS Activity
- You have to open the folder containing the WS Activity.
- For that open C:\Programdata\Intuit\QuickBooks Point of Sale XX\Ini .
- Now simply press right click on a file of WS Activity And from the dropdown select the option of rename.
- Now give that file a new name which is OLDWSActivity
- Now restart the QuickBooks.
For any issue related to QuickBooks Please contact QuickBooks Support at 1800-470-6903